The Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course delivers the security discipline of digital forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. CHFI is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios and the course enables students to acquire necessary hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
The CHFI certification will give participates (Law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.) the necessary skills to perform an effective digital forensics investigation.
CHFI presents a methodological approach to computer forensics including searching and seizing, chain-of-custody, acquisition, preservation, analysis and reporting of digital evidence.
GigaWave includes a free Exam Voucher with each seat, a $400 value!
- The CHFI v9 program has been redesigned and updated after thorough investigation including current market requirements, job tasks analysis, and recent industry focus on forensic skills
- It is designed and developed by experienced subject matter experts and digital forensics practitioners
- CHFI is a complete vendor neutral course covering all major forensics investigations technologies and solutions
- CHFI has detailed labs for hands-on learning experience. On an average, approximately 50% of training time is dedicated to labs
- It covers all the relevant knowledge-bases and skills to meets with regulatory compliance standards such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOX, HIPPA, and so on
- The student kit contains large number of white papers for additional reading
- The program presents a repeatable forensics investigation methodology required from a versatile digital forensic professional which increases employability
- The student kit contains several forensics investigation templates for evidence collection, chain-of-custody, final investigation reports, and so on.
- The program comes with cloud-based virtual labs enabling students to practice various investigation techniques in a real-time and simulated environment
Who should Attend?
The CHFI program is designed for all IT professionals involved with information system security, computer forensics, and incident response.
- Anyone interested in cyber forensics / investigation
- Attorneys, legal consultants, and lawyers
- Law enforcement officers
- Police officers
- Federal/ government agents
- Defense and military
- Detectives/ investigators
- Incident response team members
- Information security managers
- Network defenders
- IT professionals, IT directors/ managers
- System/network engineers
- Security analyst / architect / auditors / consultants
Computer forensics enables the systematic and careful identification of evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases. This may range from tracing the hacker through a client’s systems, to tracing the originator of defamatory emails, to recovering signs of fraud.
This official EC-Council training for CHFI v9 curriculum is a comprehensive course with 14 training modules covering major forensic investigation scenarios.
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Collect data using forensic technology methods in accordance with evidence handling procedures, including collection of hard copy and electronic documents
CHFI v9 curriculum is a comprehensive course with 14 training modules covering major forensic investigation scenarios
- Module 1: Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Module 2: Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Module 3: Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Module 4: Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Module 5: Deafeating Anti-forensics
- Module 6: Operating Systems Forensics (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Module 7: Network Forensics
- Module 8: Investigating Web Attacks
- Module 9: Database Forensics
- Module 10: Cloud Forensics
- Module 11: Malware Forensics
- Module 12: Investigating Email Crimes
- Module 13: Mobile Forensics
- Module 14: Forensics Report Writing and Presentationn