The Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to position, plan, implement, operate, and manage a Cisco WLAN network. This course teaches you how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks on a Cisco WLAN network of any size.
This course does not lead directly to a certification exam, but it does cover foundational knowledge that can help you prepare for professional-level enterprise wireless courses and exams.
This course’s student kit material is in a digital format (e-kit), which is accessed from the Cisco Learning Network Space. A CCO ID is required to log in. Remote Lab Guides are emailed to you in PDF format. The PDF version is completely printable and we recommend that you print your remote lab guide before class begins.
This course is available in multiple formats. You can purchase instructor-led training (ILT) in a classroom setting or virtual ILT via the web. Both the classroom ILT and virtual ILT versions of this course provides access to our state of the art remote labs that use actual Cisco equipment.
For Classroom ILT classes, you will need at a minimum to bring your own laptop or tablet to view your digital courseware during class. In addition, bring another tablet or a second monitor to access the lab. This allows you to follow along with the instructor during the presentation on one screen and access the lab on the second screen. Also, you will need to redeem your e-kit prior to the class start date so that you are ready when class begins.
For Virtual ILT classes, we recommend that you have either dual monitors or a computer and tablet where you can view your digital e-kit on the secondary screen and view the class presentation or labs on the primary screen.
To use your own laptop for lab access, the laptop computer must have the following:
1. Ethernet port
2. An internal wireless NIC, 802.11a/b/g/n
3. A browser that supports Java® and permissions to open RDP or encrypted (RDP443) RDP sessions. If your browser does not support Java, you will need administrator rights to the laptop to install software.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe and implement foundational wireless theory
- Describe and implement basic wireless security and client access
- Describe and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Configure Cisco centralized wireless networks
- Describe and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting solutions
We recommend, but do not require that you have the following knowledge and skills before taking this course
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
This course will help you:
- Learn the skills, technologies, and best practices needed to manage a Cisco WLAN network
- Understand and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Design and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting solutions
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Theory
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Math and Antennas
- Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Operation
- Describing and Implementing Basic Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Implementing Wireless Guest Access and Configuring Wireless Security
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network
- Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Wired Support
- Configuring Cisco Centralized Wireless Networks
- Describing and Implementing WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Explore the Physics of Wi-Fi
- Explore the Wi-Fi Environment
- Analyze Wireless Frames
- Configure Client Access
- Configure the Wired Infrastructure
- Configure a Centralized Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Deployment
- Configure a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Configure an IPv6 Operation in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Optimize RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
- Perform Centralized Controller Maintenance
- Use Troubleshooting Tools
|Apr 27 - May 1||8:30am CDT - 5:00pm CDT||Virtual||15 seats||Register|
|May 11 - May 15||7:30am CDT - 4:00pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Jun 1 - Jun 5||8:30am CDT - 5:00pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Jun 15 - Jun 19||7:30am CDT - 4:00pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Jul 6||7:30am CDT - 4:00pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Jul 20 - Jul 24||8:00am CDT - 4:30pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Aug 10 - Aug 14||7:30am CDT - 4:00pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Aug 31 - Sep 4||7:30am CDT - 4:30pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|
|Sep 14 - Sep 18||8:00am CDT - 4:30pm CDT||Virtual||16 seats||Register|